|Two for Tuesday|
|News - News Blog|
|Written by Dani Schwinn|
|Tuesday, 26 June 2012 00:00|
WBWC is bringing you two for your "National columnists day..."
Fire claims a life
Dan Jovic Fox 8- A fire at a duplex apartment in Canton claimed the life of a three-year-old girl, according to an official with the Canton Fire Department. The fire broke out just after noon on Tuesday in the 2100 block of Penn Place, according to Captain Lorenzo P. Bagley. Bagley says that fire crews responded to the scene around 12:15 p.m. and discovered thick black smoke billowing from the duplex. Two other children, ages 12 and 11, along with an adult were in the apartment when the fire broke out. Bagley says the children and the adult got out of the apartment safely. The children were transported to a local hospital as a precaution. The extent of their injuries, if any, is unknown. The fire broke out in the apartment’s kitchen, said Bagley, and a preliminary investigation indicates that human error may have sparked the blaze. Canton Fire crews remain at the scene as their investigation continues.
Toddler injured after falling through apartment window
Bliss Davis Fox 8- The Mentor Police Department is investigating an incident in which a 1.5-year-old child fell through an window Tuesday. The incident happened at about 11:21 a.m. at the Mentor Mall Village Apartments at 7950 Mentor Avenue. Authorities say the girl was on top of a bed and pushed through a bedroom window screen. The screen gave way and she fell to the ground. The child was taken to Hillcrest Hospital and her condition is currently unknown. Mentor Police are currently investigating the incident.